The Canadian Government selects business class immigrants based on their ability to become economically established and support the development of the Canadian economy.
Business immigrants are people who can invest in, or start businesses in Canada and are expected to support the development of a strong and prosperous Canadian economy.
There are two classes of business immigrants:
- Those who enter with a start-up visa
- Self-employed persons
Start-up visa Program
To be eligible, you must have:
- A commitment of support from a designated Canadian venture capital fund, business incubator or angel investor group.
- An ability to communicate in either French or English
- An adequate amount of money in order to settle and provide for the cost of living prior to earning an income.
To be eligible, you must have one of these:
- Experience that will make a significant contribution to cultural or athletic life in Canada; or
- Experience in farm management and you must intend to and be able to buy and manage a farm in Canada.
Source : settlement