Universities that do not require IELTS or TOEFL

Universities that do not require IELTS or TOEFL

Universities that do not require IELTS or TOEFL

Have you ever thought about studying abroad?

If you did, the United States of America, Canada and Britain would have been at the top of the list due to the excellent university options they offer.

However, you may face some difficulties related to the English language requirements.

This is the case with many international students who are not native speakers of this language.

As they find the TOEFL and IELTS exams a great challenge and an obstacle that stands in the way of achieving their ambition,

Because they are unfamiliar with this language, and because of the high costs of taking and preparing for these exams.

Although it may seem impossible, it is nonetheless real and possible.

The following is a list of the best universities that do not require English in these countries:

First: the United States of America

International students from non-English speaking countries do not need to obtain a TOEFL or IELTS certificate in a number of American universities, even if these tests are among the conditions of application,

Some universities have the possibility to exempt the applicant from this requirement.

There are also some majors and study programs that do not need these two certificates

The following are a number of American universities that allow access to them without the need for TOEFL or IELTS

1- State University of New York

When applying to study at SUNY, students may attach one of the following certificates with their application:

TOEFL iBT test certificate online.

IELTS Academic Certificate.

Pearson Academic Test Certificate.

Cambridge English Test Certificate at C1 or C2 level.

iTEP International Test of English Proficiency

It is a universal test approved in many countries of the world, and is also used by some companies and governments such as the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

University applicants are exempted from certificates of proficiency in the English language if one of the following conditions is met if:

the applicant’s native language is English.

applicant has studied in schools/colleges/universities that use English as the only language of instruction (an option available in some Arab universities and schools) for at least 3 years when submitting the application.

the applicant studied in schools, universities or colleges, and obtained his certificate in English (universities that offer some programs in English in addition to other languages).

2- University of Iowa

Students wishing to attend Iowa Research University in Iowa must provide evidence of their English language proficiency through a proficiency test such as TOEFL or IELTS.

 In this case, they will have the opportunity to obtain an unconditional admission to the university.

However, students who do not possess these certificates still have the opportunity to apply for conditional admission,

They commit themselves to enroll in the Iowa Intensive English Program and pass its exams before moving on to study the desired major.

3- University of Arkansas

As with the University of Iowa, students from non-English speaking countries should

Provide evidence of their proficiency in this language, such as TOEFL or IELTS certificates, to obtain unconditional admission and start studying their specialization immediately.

While students who do not meet these requirements can be granted conditional admission to the university,

They enroll in an intensive English language study program at the Spring International Language Center, known as SILC.

This is before starting to study their chosen specialization when applying to the university.

4- University of Dayton

In order to enroll at the University of Dayton, you must attach a certificate of your English language proficiency with your application,

Where you can submit any of the following certificates:

 Online TOEFL iBT score of at least 80. IELTS score of at least 6.5.

iTEP International Test of English Proficiency with a minimum score of 4.5. Pearson Test Certificate (PTE) with a score of at least 60.

If you are academically eligible to enter a university but do not meet the English language requirements,

You can get conditional admission, where you will take an English language placement test upon your arrival in the United States.

Accordingly, you will enroll in an intensive English language program at the University of Dayton.

It is worth noting that attendance at the program is mandatory and you must continue it until you reach the appropriate level required

Before you can continue your studies in your chosen major

Second: Canada

Many Canadian universities do not require international students to have proof of language proficiency.

Also, applicants who studied in institutions that offer their programs in English (schools, institutes or colleges) are exempted from attaching a language proficiency certificate in their applications.

All you need are above-average academic results and good SAT or GRE scores

In addition to fulfilling other registration requirements,

Canadian universities realize that graduates from internationally recognized institutes and universities undoubtedly have an adequate understanding of the English language.

1- Brock University

Brock University is a public research university located in Saint Catherine, Ontario.

Like other universities that teach in English, this university requires applicants to provide proof of their proficiency in the English language,

However, applicants who have completed their high school years at an English-taught institution

(such as some international schools in the Arab world) to apply for an exemption from this proficiency test.

In this case, they must attach their application to

Official request for this exemption

2- University of Saskatchewan

English is the language of instruction and examinations at the University of Saskatchewan.

Therefore, students wishing to enroll in this university must possess an appropriate academic level in the English language.

The applicant can prove his competence in one of the following ways:

Obtaining a high school diploma in English (from an international school whose programs are taught in English).

Completion of post-secondary studies (Bachelor’s) in English. Obtaining a certificate of proficiency in the English language (TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson…etc).

Enroll in an intensive English language program at the university before starting the study of the desired specialization.

Obtaining one of the international high school certificates such as: IB International Baccalaureate, AP Advanced Placement Test, and others.

If the student is not able to prove his proficiency in the English language by one of the previous means,

He can still apply for admission to the following colleges:

To be enrolled in the English for Academic Purposes program

At the university: College of Arts and Sciences. College of Agriculture and Bioresources. College of Engineering. Faculty of Education.

Edwards School of Business.

Faculty of Kinesiology (Body Kinesiology).

3- University of Winnipeg

The University of Winnipeg offers applicants several options that they can submit to demonstrate their English language proficiency.

In addition to the TOEFL, IELTS or Pearson exams, students can enroll in one of the university’s intensive English programs full or part-time.

As well as the following options:

 3 years of study at a high school, university or college whose programs are taught in English.

A minimum score of 4B on the IB Exam

or a minimum score of 3B on the AP Exam.

4- University of Regina

TOEFL and IELTS tests are not the only way to prove your English language proficiency and enroll in this university.

You can do this through the following options:

Completed post-secondary studies (bachelor’s) at a university or institution taught in English,

You can learn about the names of universities whose graduates are exempted from English proficiency tests through this list.

Enrollment in the English as a Second Language program

ESL at the University of Regina and completion of ESL level 050.

Submit an English language test other than TOEFL and IELTS

Third: Britain

If you decide to study in the UK,

 Perhaps you realize that your level of English must be advanced, as most British universities require applicants to attach an IELTS certificate as proof of their proficiency in the English language.

However, you can enroll in a number of universities in the UK if you can prove your English language skills by means other than this test.

There are three ways to do this:

Get high marks in English in high school.

 If you achieved results above 60% during the secondary grades: tenth, eleventh and twelfth,

The university can accept your application without the need for an IELTS test.

Studying in a secondary or university educational institution that offers its programs in English, and obtaining high academic results from it.

Conduct an online interview with an evaluation committee from the university you are applying to via Skype, for example, to determine your English level.

Among the most important British universities that do not need an IELTS certificate to enroll in, we mention the following:

Sheffield Hallam University.

University of Warwick.

University of Basel.

Birmingham City University.

University of Bristol.

Swansea University.

London South Bank University. University of Geneva.

It is worth noting that the IELTS certificate is not only a requirement for admission to British universities, but also a condition of obtaining a Tier 4 visa for students,

Therefore, if you are exempted from taking this test at the university, you must obtain an official letter proving your eligibility to obtain a visa.

You must have noticed from the above that American and Canadian universities do not specifically require TOEFL or IELTS results,

 However, it confirms and requires that the applicant prove his proficiency in the English language.

Which is undoubtedly true, given that teaching in these universities is in English.

How can you enroll in it and succeed in your studies if you do not have an adequate level of language to ensure that you understand the subjects and communicate with teachers and colleagues?

Not only that, even if the TOEFL and IELTS tests are not mandatory for enrollment in these universities,

You will need it most often when applying for a travel visa.

source : for9a

Why study in Canada?

study in Canada

Why study in Canada?

If you are looking for an international destination to continue your education and launch your career Canada is the most suitable choice for you

Here are the top 10 reasons to answer the question: why study in Canada?

1. You can work, while study in Canada.

Other study destinations either don’t let international students work at all, or may only let them work in certain fields or locations. Not Canada. As a student in Canada, you can earn as you learn, allowing you to pay your way through university or college all while obtaining crucial work experience — that’s why this is among the top reasons to study in Canada.

2. Lower tuition fees

As an international student you will still pay more than Canadians for the same course, but that same course in another country, such as the United States, Australia or United Kingdom, would likely cost even more

3. You have half a million others who can help and advise you

You won’t be alone. There are more than half a million international students in Canada. They each have a story. You will come across them everywhere, and they understand your day-to-day concerns — they’ve had those same concerns too

4. You will receive a quality education

Canadian colleges and universities turn out incredibly talented graduates. These well-funded, internationally-renowned institutions attract top professors and offer courses tailored to a changing economy. You will finish your course even smarter than you are right now and will be prepared to launch your career in Canada

5. You can enter the Canadian workforce

This work permit allows you to work for any employer in Canada, and in any location, and allows you the flexibility to change employers and gather even more crucial work experience that you can leverage into your Canadian permanent residence application?

6. You can immigrate to Canada

Speaking of permanent residence, it’s the right to live and work in Canada, while enjoying public health and social benefits, forever. And as an international student or graduate, Canada wants you.

Canada’s Express Entry immigration system offers bonus points to people with Canadian study and work experience (by now you have both), with further emphasis on your language skills (which you have developed over the years), and your age.

And if Express Entry doesn’t work out, Canada’s provinces also offer routes to permanent residence through their Provincial Nominee Programs.

7. You can bring your family

Here’s a perk and one of the main reasons to study in Canada right now: you can bring your spouse or common-law partner with you on an open work permit, and your kids, if you have them, will be able to go to one of Canada’s public elementary or secondary schools without needing their own study permit

8. You can travel

We’ve got six time zones, piles of snow, miles of sandy beach, diverse cities and a lot more for you to get through.

9. You can relax

Canadians are known for their laid-back attitude to pretty much everything.

This is a place where people meet for coffee spontaneously,

where going for a drink or a bite to eat with friends after a day’s work or study is entirely normal.

You can choose to do whatever you like, and nobody will judge you for it. You can be yourself.

10. You can become a Canadian

Not only has Canada made it easy for students to work after graduation,

and made it easier for graduates and workers to transition to permanent residence

now it’s even easier for those with PR to become Canadian citizens.

This final step of joining the Canadian family allows you to come and go as you please without renewing your PR, allows you to vote, allows you to obtain a Canadian passport (one of the most valuable in the world), and allows you to retain your original citizenship

Source: moving2canada

How to Apply to Universities in Canada


Canada’s provinces have very different entry requirements. We explore how to navigate the Canadian application process. Unsurprisingly for the one of largest countries in the world, Canada has a varied and complex university application system. When you want to apply to universities in Canada, it is not quite as hard to get your head around as its neighbor the USA, there are ten different provinces for students to navigate. Each province and each university will have subtly different admission requirements. 

But we’ll let you in on a secret. 

Once you understand how the Canadian university system works, it becomes much easier to strategize an application. 

To help your Y12/G11/IBDP students who may be considering  Canadian universities, it’s helpful to structure their research with three questions. 

  • How many provinces will you be applying to? 
  • Which (if any) application portals do these provinces use to process applications? 
  • What are the individual entry requirements for each university?

We can’t take you through the individual entry requirements of every Canadian university here. But we can give you a general breakdown of the different types of Canadian universities. 

The Different Types of University in Canada

Most universities in Canada are publicly funded through the provincial governments of Canada. However, there are also a number of private institutions and liberal arts colleges. It’s also worth noting that Canada has a host of vocational institutions – for example, colleges and polytechnics 

Public universities 

These institutions receive funding from the provincial, territorial, and/or federal government, although they do charge students tuition fees as well as accept private funding. People prefer these universities more when they apply to universities in Canada.

Examples of public universities in Canada

The University of Alberta, Simon Fraser University, Universite de Moncton. 

Private universities

A private university generally does not receive funding from the provincial, territorial or federal governments, instead of receiving private funding through donations from wealthy alumni and faculty research grants as well as traditional tuition fees.

Private universities often attract and retain the very best staff possessing esteemed reputations in their respective fields.

Examples of private universities in Canada

University Canada West, Crandall University 

Liberal arts colleges

Similar to their US counterparts, liberal arts colleges place a particular emphasis on undergraduate courses in the liberal arts, namely the humanities but also social, natural, and formal sciences. Many liberal arts institutions in Canada also fall into the category of private universities.

Examples of liberal arts colleges in Canada

St Francis Xavier University, Crandall University, Mount Allison University.

Colleges & polytechnic institutes

These are Canadian institutions offering a range of technical diplomas and applied degrees. It’s also worth noting that some Canadian universities also offer shorter diplomas and career-based programs. 

Examples of colleges & polytechnic institutes in Canada

Saskatchewan Institute of Applied Sciences and Technology, New Brunswick College of Craft and Design

Source :

If you have any more queries, you can ask your question in the forum of Canadians Live.

Networking in Canada: How to Network your Way to Job Success


According to a Yale University study, around 70 percent of all jobs are found through networking in Canada, a time-honored tradition that most people apply every day without knowing it. It’s simply interaction that allows us to pass information from one source to another. Sometimes we need information and sometimes we have information to pass on. The population of the world is close to eight billion, so why not build a team of people to help you with your job search? Welcome to Networking in Canada 101.

Often, fear drives us to think that we should avoid walking into a room full of strangers, reject the idle chitchat about the weather over appetizers, and neglect the opportunity to meet new people. Why do we make excuses? Are we afraid of feeling out of place while developing a new skill in public? We can feel very small when we are standing alone in a busy room, but we need to change our perspective and practice this skill instead of neglecting it. Are you ready to play the networking game? It’s a simple game with very few rules but is guaranteed to help you develop your communication skills, build your career, and expand your social circles. Every other person in the room is there to meet new people, so what are you waiting for?

This article will focus on how networking in Canada can be instrumental in finding a job. We’ve gathered some simple tips to help you build a team of people to assist you with your job search. It’s amazing how helpful people can be, so don’t be shy about asking someone for assistance. To network successfully, you need strong communication skills and a willingness to engage with others. We propose that you prioritize networking in Canada to make sure that you stand out from the crowd when applying online.

Key concepts

The focus of networking in Canada is communicating your value to others. To do so, you need to understand your strengths and weaknesses well. A few questions to help you understand the value you bring:

What are your main strengths? This can relate to your personality or your technical/soft skills.

What makes you different? It’s important to understand what makes you unique.

What are your goals?

“Elevator pitch”

When you meet a complete stranger, you will typically engage in conversation over trivial issues like the food, the weather, the event, etc. Be prepared to answer the question “So what brings you here?” This is your cue to communicate your value. The phrase comes from the idea that you should be able to communicate your message to a stranger over the time span of a typical elevator ride. Grab a pen and paper and formulate your sales pitch. Practice makes perfect. Ensure you practice aloud to woo strangers.


20 seconds is typically ideal to cover who you are, what you do, and where you would like to be. For example: ‘My name is John Atkins, I’m a Civil Engineer with two years experience on transportation projects and I have just arrived here from Australia. I love it here so far and I’m really excited about growing my career in Canada.’

Ensure you include how people can help you. If you don’t ask, then you don’t get! For example: “I’m looking to connect with other engineers, particularly those who work on bridges.” Business Network International (BNI) invites attendees to ask “who do you know that . . .?”

Where to start?

It’s always easier to network with people who share common interests. Check out and find an upcoming event of interest to you. Set yourself a realistic and achievable goal. For example, make five useful contacts and meet two of them for coffee within the next week.

Tips for Networking in Canada

  • Print off business cards – This step is crucial, as fumbling with your phone is not professional. It’s very easy to have business cards made up cheaply.
  • Dress to impress – Take note of the dress code and ensure you dress smart.
  • Arrive early – Make life easy for yourself by turning up on time and getting in position to observe how people interact in the room.
  • Body language – Always offer a firm handshake, coupled with a warm smile and eye contact. Maintain eye contact while chatting with someone.
  • Push yourself outside your comfort zone – Don’t be afraid to mingle and interact with people.
  • Names – Always repeat a person’s name aloud. If you can associate his or her name with spelling, someone you know with the same name, or anything else trivial you are way more likely to remember it.
  • Ask questions – The art of successful networking is to engage the other person. “Who?”, “What?”, “Where?”, “When?” and “Why?” become your friends.
  • Listen – Our temptation is always to be heard, but take the time to listen more at events and you will make stronger connections.
  • Be disciplined with your time – Set an amount of time to spend with people. Some people are happy to make 2-3 connections at an event, while others like to connect rapidly with everyone. Decide on a pace that suits you.
  • Embrace the opportunity to introduce yourself to the crowd – Speaking in front of a crowd is simply a habit. If you always avoid it, your fear will grow. Conquer this fear, as the opportunity to communicate your value to a crowd of people at the same time, is priceless.
  • Be proactive – If you have a good conversation with someone, don’t be afraid to offer your card and ask for theirs. Inquire if they would be open to meeting for a coffee/lunch to follow on your conversation.
  • Introductions – Try to bring others into the conversation and connect people with common interests. Wouldn’t you like if someone did the same for you?
  • Follow up – This is crucial. Ensure your email/call within a few days while the connection is fresh in your mind, as well as theirs. LinkedIn can be a useful tool for this.

Ensure you create a list of contacts that you have built up and try to keep them all updated on your job search with positive messages each week. This step is really important, as it’s crucial to keep yourself in their mind.

source: moving2canada

If you have any more queries, you can ask your question in the forum of Canadians Live.

Elementary and secondary education in Canada


By the law of education in Canada, children in Canada must go to school. Depending on the province or territory, children may start at the age of 5 or 6 and continue until they are between 16 and 18.

Schools in Canada:

  • start with kindergarten and continue to grades 1 to 12
  • usually begin at the end of August and finish around the end of June
  • run from Monday to Friday during the school year (except during holidays)
  • give high school diplomas to students who successfully complete secondary school (high school)
  • can be found in English-language and French-language across the country (even in areas where one language is more commonly spoken than the other)

If you and your family arrive in Canada during the school year, contact your local school board to find a place for your children.

It’s up to parents to choose the type of schooling for their children, such as:

  • free public schools
  • paid private schools
  • at-home education
  • English or French schools (in many areas)

To find out more, contact the ministry in charge of education in your province or territory.

School boards

Schools within a certain local area are managed by school boards, also called:

  • school districts
  • school divisions
  • district education councils

School boards are in charge of things like:

  • buildings
  • staff
  • administration
  • student enrolment

The public elects the people who run a school board. They are called trustees. They hold regular meetings where members of the public can express their views on how schools in their area are managed. Afterall education in Canada is trustworthy.

Enrolling in school

To enroll your child in elementary or high school, contact your local school board. Since school boards usually manage many schools, you may be able to choose the school that your children will go to.

To get into the school you prefer, make sure to enroll them well before the school year begins.

If you’re enrolling your children in a Canadian school for the first time, the school or school board will:

  • assess them
  • decide:
    • what level they should be placed at
    • whether they need free support such as English or French language classes

Getting involved in your child’s education

Parents are encouraged to support their child’s education in Canada by getting involved with the school and school board. This is an opportunity to meet people, become part of the school community, and express your opinions on what is taught in your child’s school. You can get involved by:

  • volunteering at your child’s school
  • meeting your child’s teacher at parent-teacher evenings
  • becoming a member of the school council

Ask the school for more information on how you can get involved.

Government ministries in charge of elementary and secondary education by province and territory

  • Alberta Education
  • British Columbia Ministry of Education
  • Manitoba Ministry of Education and Advanced Learning
  • New Brunswick Ministry of Education and Early Childhood Development
  • Newfoundland and Labrador Department of Education
  • Northwest Territories Ministry of Education, Culture, and Employment
  • Nova Scotia Department of Education
  • Nunavut Department of Education
  • Ontario Ministry of Education
  • Prince Edward Island Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
  • Quebec– Ministère de l’Éducation, de l’Enseignement supérieur et de la Recherche
  • Saskatchewan Ministry of Education
  • Yukon Department of Education


If you have any more queries, you can ask your question in the forum of Canadians Live.

Credential assessment in Canada


You’ll need a Credential assessment if you:

  • immigrate to Canada as a Federal Skilled Worker
  • come to Canada to work in a certain profession or trade
  • come to Canada to study

Credentials you got outside Canada will need to be assessed, such as:

  • education
  • work experience
  • professional credentials

Having your credentials assessed will help you:

  • show employers what you are qualified for
  • understand the types of jobs for you might be qualified for
  • see if your credentials are equal to the standards set for Canadian workers
  • find out if you need more training, education or Canadian work experience

You can start the process to get your credentials assessed and recognized before you arrive in Canada. This takes time and costs money.

To immigrate as a Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)

To apply to the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), you must get Educational Credential Assessments (ECAs). This includes any of your completed foreign educational credentials, such as a:

  • diploma
  • certificate
  • foreign degree
  • other proof of your Credential assessment

We use ECAs to see if your credentials are valid and equal to a completed credential in Canada.

You’ll also need to have your skills and training assessed to work in certain jobs in Canada.


If you have any more queries, you can ask your question in the forum of Canadians Live.

Is a study permit required for short courses?


An applicant is not required to obtain a study permit for a program, which is less than six months in duration. However, if a course is longer than six months, the prospective student will need to apply for a study permit.

There are benefits to applying for a study permit even if you are applying to a program that is less than six months. Even if you do not need a permit, it may be beneficial to apply for one. In the event that you decide to continue studying in a new program after completing your short-term studies, without a permit, you may be required to leave the country and apply through a Canadian visa office outside Canada. To apply for a permit for a short-term course or program, your studies must be at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI).

source: canadavisa

If you have any more queries, you can ask your question in the forum of Canadians Live.

Difference between a Study Permit and a Temporary Resident Visa?


While a study permit authorizes international students to pursue their studies while in Canada, a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) allows a person to enter Canada. Depending on the country of citizenship, an international student may need a TRV for entry.

For overseas applications, applicants from countries whose citizens require TRV in order to enter Canada will be issued a TRV automatically if the application for a study permit is approved. It is very important for the overseas to Know the Difference between a Study Permit and a Temporary Resident Visa

These applicants do not need to submit a separate application for a TRV and there is no separate fee. The same applies to applicants from countries whose citizens need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) in order to enter Canada by air.

source: canadavisa

If you have any more queries, you can ask your question in the forum of Canadians Live.

Canadian Economy


Canadian Economy ranks among the 10 leading manufacturing nations.

Most of Canada’s manufacturing industry is located in the provinces of Ontario and Quebec. Other important manufacturing sectors in Canada include food and beverages, paper and allied products, primary metals, fabricated metals, petrochemicals, and chemicals.

The Atlantic, Prairie, and Pacific regions of Canada have concentrated on establishing their natural resource-based economies such as fishing, forestry, and mining. The Prairie provinces are dependent on agriculture and mineral fuels, while British Columbia’s primary industries are forestry and mining, and tourism.

In recent years, Alberta has played an increasingly important role within the Canadian economy due to its abundant natural resources and strong oil and gas sectors. From oil and gas to precious minerals, lumber, and agriculture, the country is rich in natural resources.

Source: canadavisa

If you have any more queries, you can ask your question in the forum of Canadians Live.

Canadian Culture


With only 35 million people, Canada’s population is modest compared to its more densely populated southern neighbor.

There are over 200 distinct cultures in Canada. The nation is often defined as a “cultural mosaic” with a greater mix of people from diverse backgrounds than almost anywhere else on Earth. Canada encourages its people to hold closely to their traditions and culture.

Around two-fifths of the country’s population comes from an origin other than British or French.

The Canadian government, through the Multiculturalism Act, aims to preserve and enhance multiculturalism through official policy.

Among other aims, Canada strives to “promote the understanding and creativity that arise from the interaction between individuals and communities of different origins.”

Bilingualism in Canada

There are two official languages in Canada: English and French.

Canada’s Charter of Rights and Freedoms assures the protection of both languages, and the Canadian government is required by law to recognize, preserve and support the equality of both languages in Canadian society.

All of the services offered by the federal government are available in both languages, and almost every product sold in the country has English and French labeling and packaging.

Quebec is Canada’s only predominantly French-speaking province and New Brunswick is the only officially bilingual province in the country. The city of Montreal, Quebec, is recognized as the world’s largest French-speaking metropolis outside France.

Outside the borders of Quebec, most people speak English, with about 18 percent of all Canadians being fluently bilingual.

Source : canadavisa